More than 800 hectares of CLOCA owned forests are actively managed under the MFTIP.
Managed Forests qualify for a tax incentive at a discounted rate of 25% of the residential
tax rate for the particular municipality in which the property is located. In order to
qualify for the program, the following requirements must be met:
- The land must be owned by a Canadian citizen, corporation, partnership or conservation
- The forest area must cover at least 4 hectare (10 acres) excluding all residences.
- The forest must all be on one property with one municipal roll number.
- There must be a minimum number of trees on each acre.
- The land cannot be subject to a Registered Plan of subdivision or be licensed under
the Aggregate Resources Act.